Monday, May 19, 2008

Today isn't much better...

I had a good weekend...I was busy but I got a lot done. I went out with friends to dinner on Friday, had shoots and a wedding on Saturday, more shoots and a visit to the twins on Sunday plus I got a ton of editing done yesterday.

The hot water heater is still leaking and my sister isn't feeling well so we are now going to do it on Wednesday. I was getting a little nervous because Robb hasn't done it before and I wanted a few days to have it running and to make sure that it was installed properly before I left town for a long time, but Craig told me that I could just turn off the water while I was gone and not worry about it. Since my sister isn't feeling well and I thought that maybe I could get a deal, I called Home Depot. They started telling me about a permit that is required and an expansion tank (which I don't have and is supposedly a requirement in GA but I just had this installed 2 years ago and I doubt it is new since then) and their grand total came to $375 adn she couldn't even tell me if they could remove the old one. UGH. Then I am trying to order a prescription but since our healthcare system sucks in the good 'ol USA, I have to order it through the mail cause it is $100 if I get it at the store for a one month supply and $20 if I get it through the mail for a 1-3 month supply. I think that this is ridiculous, but besides the point. The real point is that Aetna feels that they shouldn't give you the actual website to the mail order pharmacy but a link instead. This link doesn't work today...it should take you to another page where you login AGAIN, but instead it takes you to a FAQs page where they tell you to login to Aetna (where I was logged in to find the darn link to begin with) and look under the "shortcuts" where you will see a nice little link to the mail order pharmacy...funny thing though, this link is no longer there and half the ones that are there don't work...they have changed something on their website and clearly there was not enough testing performed. I don't think that I would be bothered by all of this normally but I am about to leave town where I will literally only be back in town for 5 business days (will be here on some weekends) between now and July 14th...I don't have time for links to not work or for hot water heaters to leak...

hopefully the link will be fixed soon and my sister will feel better (not just so I can get my hot water fixed but because I worry about her and don't want her to be feeling bad). Sorry for the yucky post...it was going to be a happy one when I started the day today....but then one thing after another and now I am cranky....

2 comments:

Mollypants said...

Let it be known - AETNA and I are NOT friends. You've proved my point.

Mel said...

I also hate them..glad that you can join me...I don't like doctors anyway and they do not help...and my prescription is just for eczema...not something complicated that I should have to order through the mail and wait a week for...