Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Anyone else...

ready for this democratic primary to be over? I am so tired of the back and forth and just want to know who the nominee will be. I know that most of you are Hillary fans, but I am just not. I don't know why but for some reason she just rubs me the wrong way and has long before she was a presidential candidate. I wish that I could like her but I just can't. I think that the longer that this goes on the less time that is spent on the actual issues and I just hate listening to all the spectulators. They said that Obama would win NC and that Hillary would win Indiana but now Indiana is too close to call and so it drags on.....they all throw their 3 cents in. I guess part of me is jealous that I don't get paid to just make shit up about what I think will happen, but oh well. My favorite is when they report something that they predicted with surprise...like even they didn't believe that they were going to be right. I can't even imagine what the general election will be like in November. Right now it seems like it will never get here.

By the way, I also hope that none of you are super excited about the ridiculous gas tax holiday that they are talking about and if you are, please educate me on why this is a good idea (maybe my republican friend Molly can explain it or do you think that it is dumb too?). I feel like these politicians are just pulling at straws to get attention and that is what turns me off of politics. I admit that this is the first year that I have paid attention at all (and I still have a ton to learn) but I am starting to get frustrated for the same reasons that I didn't really research anything in prior years. It seems like it is all talk....UGH....

4 comments:

Drena said...

My heart will never heal over the Gore election so I no longer follow it. Way too much drama for me and sadly both parties are corrupt so it doesn't make that much difference who is president.

Mel said...

Yeah, that is how I used to be, but I am trying to just realize that we have to pick the best option available..even though none of them might be the answer....but it is really frustrating...

m said...

very glad it is over. voted yesterday and hoping they will stop calling now. it was insane yesterday!

Mel said...

Oh, it is not over..Hillary presses on...I just wish she would give up or they would run together...glad you got to vote :-)