Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fat Albert won again...

Thanks for the name Drena! Al and I went to spin class today (Fat Albert is my heart rate monitor but I call him Al for short). I have no been to spin class in a VERY long time. I have been out of town on Wednesdays and haven't had a chance to get down there and then last week I made some lame excuse but this week I decided to go and plus, I wanted Al to experience it. I set him to the "normal2" setting which means my second workout of the week where I am supposed to stay between 70-79 for 40 minutes and it only counts the minutes that I am between that zone. WELL, little miss spin instructor (who I absolutely love) didn't really feel sorry for the fact that I had not been there in 6 weeks and we had a really hard class, all set to Prince music (sidenote: do not try to sing along to Prince when you feel like you might pass out...just not a good idea). So, for the first 4 minutes my heart rate was right where it was supposed to be but this was the warmup!! Once we got into the real workout it was all over! Here are the stats for the class:
Length: 53 mins
Highest HR:90%
Average HR: 80% (I think that the only thing that saved this was the cooldown cause everytime I looked down it was in the high 90s)
Calories burned:433 (you always hear you burn more but I guess they are just averages)
Time in the "zone": about 12 (don't have this stat until I upload it to my computer)
As you can see, we had a tough time and I didn't get in my 40 mins of "zone" time...I wonder how that will count against me for the workout and for the week...I guess I will find out on Friday when I sync it all up! Al is still very much a mystery to me!
I also had to refill my water bottle during the class after downing all of it...that not drinking water for the last few weeks has really caught up with me now that I am getting back into the exercise portion of my life. I just hope I can keep it up next week when I am in CO and then the following week out of town in Albany..luckily Al packs up pretty small so I will be taking him with me.

2 comments:

Mollypants said...

dammit! I thought of Herman (HRM) but I forgot to send it to you.

Mel said...

Oh..that would have been a good one too!!