Monday, May 12, 2008

I heart my heart rate monitor

I just got it today cause I had it shipped to my office since I was going to be gone so much and I didn't want it sitting outside my door at home. I set it all up and did my 'fitness test'. It says that I am literally exactly in the middle on the chart of fitness. I am not sure how I feel about this. I am obviously happy not to be in the poor or fair category but it would have been nice to be in the good or very good category. Oh well. I set up an exercise program with it and now I will see how hard it is to stay within the heart rate percentage that it says I should be in. I am very interested to find out how it works out. A couple people I know say that you become addicted to them so I hope for my fitness' sake that is true! It syncs with my computer ...throught the microphone of all things, but I have to figure it out....my work computer only has a microphone plug in place and my home computer has Vista which it might not be compatible with. I think that I could put the webcam into the work computer and do it that way though...should be interesting considering how tech savvy I am NOT.

This morning I was listening to the radio and this woman was talking about how her ex-husband had not been in her kids' lives for a year and a half. I started thinking about it and I just don't get that. I don't understand how a parent could do that to a child or not want to be with or even know their own kid. I know men and women do it so I am not saying that it is just men (though i would be interested in the statistics on that), but I guess I just don't understand it at all! I listen to those of you who have children talk (or write) about them and they just mean the world to you (as they should). Then I see my niece and I love her to death. I honestly never knew that I could love a child so much that wasn't mine, but I do. She is so cute and sweet and it just makes me happy to be around her. No matter what kind of a mood I am in before I see her, once I do I just light up. She is in the cutest little phase right now where she smiles when she sees you and she reacts to everything and she giggles hysterically! Her daddy has a really loud laugh and whenever he laughs she starts laughing, even if no one is around her or interacting with her (which is rarely the case cause we are usually fighting over who gets to hold her), she just knows that daddy is happy so she should be too. My sister and her husband are great with her and you can tell by the way her little face just smiles and laughs when she sees them! I just don't understand how anyone would want to miss out on all those little moments......they are a part of you and they look up to you. I just don't get it...not that I wanted any of you to explain it to me because I am sure that you don't get it either judging by your posts, I was just thinking about that this morning so I thought I would think out loud.

No comments: