Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I am sleepy....

After saying I was going to go to bed at a decent hour last night I still found that I was up at 1am...I was tired and as soon as I finally got in bed I fell right asleep...not sure why I didn't just get in bed earlier. It is a really good feeling to be all caught up on the business side (at least the client part of it). I still need to catch up the accounting stuff. You would think that I would be good at that part considering my background but I just never find the time to enter it all in...oh well, that will be a project for tomorrow.

Tonight I went into Saratoga for dinner again. The place was alright but it took for freakin ever!! It was a two hour dinner and there were only two of us. A girl that I used to work with is out here so we caught up on old times.

Watched Gossip Girl last night and I don't know how many of you watch it but I was glad we finally found out what S's secret was...that was driving me nuts and I thought that I was going to have to wait for a really long time to find out.

I meant to write this yesterday but I was very sad about Eight Belles. Since that I happened I have learned how poorly the horses in those big races are treated (even though they try to say it isn't the case and we normal people just don't understand). I had no idea that was the case. I thought that they were just good runners and they liked to race....I guess I am just naive. The fact that they are bred to runner faster than they should, and that they will push themselves beyond what they are physically able to do if the horses around them are running (which is what probably happened to Eight Belles since she was the only girl), and that they are really too young to be competing in those types of races makes me sad. It is just like the time that I found out what really makes the bull buck all around at the rodeo (if you don't know then I will tell you, but it is not nice!). I know people want to make money but don't they care about the animals at all? I could never be mean to an animal :-( It upsets me that they had to kill the horsey right there on the track...it just doesn't seem right....I know that you have to with horses when they have broken legs...with one they might have been able to heal it but with two it was probably impossible and apparently they get all sorts of internal problems if they lay down all the time and can't walk around. I think that maybe I just sensitive to it because this weekend was the first time I went to Ohio after we had to put Jeremies down and I missed him greeting me and getting all excited...he was as big as me so you notice that he isn't there.

Blogs seem slow today so you guys must all be up to something really fun...can't wait to hear about it! Oh, and my google ads are starting to work so yay!

No comments: